Are you drinking your calories away?
Here are my Top 5 Ways to Cut your Liquid calories:
1. Avoid Soda! Do you know that the average can of soda contains 32 teaspoons of sugar and that it will take 32 8 ounce glasses of water to neutralize your body's pH? If you drink soda, giving up 2 cans of soda a day can cut back about 300 calories as well as lower your sugar intake. Try opting for a less sugared drink.
2. Cut out sweetened and artificially sweetened Fruit Juices! Most fruit juices on the market today are not natural juices, contain only about 10% fruit juice, are loaded with processed sugars and are the furthest thing from a nutritious drink.
3. Avoid the fancy coffee and donut shop drinks. Yes, I know the latest frappuchino, latte or blended fruit smoothies sounds really enticing, however, most of them are loaded with unnecessary calories and sugar.
4. Add fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice to your water. I keep fresh lemons and limes in my home at all times. Fresh lemon or lime juice is a great compliment to your water. Both of these fruits help to eliminate toxins from your body, aid in digestion and can assist in helping your drop a few extra pounds!
5. DRINK WATER! Water should be your best friend. It helps with so much in your body. It keeps everything flowing. Our brains are about 85% water. If you are dehydrated or near dehydration, then your brain can suffer.. not to mention the normal flow that is necessary in our bodies.
So... Drink up and Enjoy!