Sunday, March 20, 2011
Happy First Day of Spring! 5 Tips for Spring!
If you have planned on starting a new project in winter that you didn't quite get to, don't fret! I'm sure you are not alone! Re-start your systems and get moving now that spring is here. Here are some tips to get you going:
5 Tips for Spring 2011:
1. Do spring cleaning! This gives you a chance to rid your home of all of the clutter or whatever you accumulated during the short winter days! Cleaning your living space is one of the best ways to jumpstart spring! Don't forget to clean up your outdoor space as well! If you have a family, get everyone involved in Spring Cleaning. New beginnings for the whole family!
2. Start a new activity! If you "planned" to start training for a marathon, "planned" to start a daily fitness routine, or "planned" to start incorporating green smoothies into your daily routine, start them now! Spring means new beginnings in nature, so why not in your life?
3. Visit a Local Garden! If you are a nature lover like me, you are probably all giddy inside at the thought of seeing nature come alive! This past Friday, I hit the biking trail and was estatic at the first sign of budding tulips. I am super excited to visit some local Gardens in my area! In addition, I am super excited to go to Washington, DC for the Cherry Blossoms! What's in store for you?
4. Take your workout outdoors! If you've been in the gym all winter, by now, I'm sure you are bored of the mundane treadmil, elliptical and stationary bike routine. Take your workout outdoors and hit your local trail! Not only is it a great way to get fresh air and Vitamin D, you can also transform your workout into a nature walk/run/hike/bike as you take in the beauty of nature as it "births" itself for a new year!
5. Last but not least...Brighten up Your Surroundings! Spring is usually associated with beautiful bright, floral colors. Swap out your winter warms for spring cools! Try repainting a wall in your home or swapping out some of your decor to recreate your space.
What will spring bring for you!?
Posted by RoseofSharron at 12:08 PM