Daily Quote

You are what you deepest desire is. As is your desire, so is your intention. As is your intention, so is your will. As is your will, so is your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny. ~Upanishads text.
What is your deepest desire?

Monday, July 26, 2010

Coconut milk in hair



Happy Monday! Well, it was a great weekend for me. I made it to the shore... YES the Jersey Shore ... and it was great! one of the best keep secrets on the east coast -- at least to a Jersey girl at heart! :) The weather was perfect! My good karma lead me to Dicks Sporting Goods where I purchased a tent which happened to be on sale this past Saturday for $49.99 normally $79.00. Tent, chairs, blanket, and stocked cooler in tow, I hit the road for some fun in the sun! I hope your weekend was amazing as well... do share if you wish :) But to the topic at hand...

COCONUT MILK - FOR HAIR


For those of you who don't know, I love everything coconut! Its amazing. I cook with coconut oil, moisturize my skin with coconut oil, use coconut oil for hair, eat Purely Decedent coconut milk icecream, drink Coconut Milk by So Delicious... get my drift? I love love love coconut--- the oil and milk work wonders on hair and skin and is great for cooking. Regarding coconut milk for your hair, this is an inexpensive great conditioner. My first time applying this back in February 2010, I was truly amazed with my results.

Coconut Milk for Hair Recipe:

What you need:
I can of coconut milk, preferably organic with no additives
juice of one lime
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon olive oil

What to do:
Open the can of organic coconut milk and remove the top. Cover the can with a lid or plastic bag and place in fridge and let sit for 1-2 days until cream forms on the top and becomes thick. In a small bowl mix just the creamy part of the coconut milk, squeeze in the lime juice and slowly add the olive oil and honey to the mix until well blended Part hair into four sections and apply the mixture to hair similar to how you would apply a relaxer. once hair is fully coated, place a plastic cap on and let stay in hair for 1-2 hours. During this time, you may apply a steam. Wet a towel and place in the microwave for apx. 3minutes. remove towel and wring excess water. Place towel over your head so the steam can "heat up" the treatment. Repeat as towels cools. Sometimes I apply the mixture then head to my gym and sit in the steamroom! Wash out and wash your hair as normal.

Results: Super soft shiny hair. Some people have said that applying coconut milk relaxes the curl pattern and other have not. For me it did relax my curl pattern quit a bit. Please share your results!

TIP: I've heard a lot of people complain about the coconut milk "dripping". Try applying the milk like you would a perm, dividing your hair in sections and smoothing on each small section of your hair. Make sure you are only using the cream that forms on the top, not the oil that separates on the bottom of the can. Also, the addition of the honey and olive oil with thicken the mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis