Daily Quote

You are what you deepest desire is. As is your desire, so is your intention. As is your intention, so is your will. As is your will, so is your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny. ~Upanishads text.
What is your deepest desire?

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tea Tree Oil and who knew!?

this is an old journey entry...

2/15--

Today I was super frustrated with my hair after workouts! SO I decided to go on a quest to see what I could find that would help to alleviate salt from my hair after each workout. After working out for 2 hours at the gym and ruining my style that I just spent 3 hours perfecting on Saturday, Monday rolls around and my kickboxing and body pump class at the gym caused me to sweat like I was hiking in the amazon and ruined my hair do! It’s the story of my life right now…  wash my hair on Thursday -- mess the hair up on Monday at the gym -- and have a “pony” Tues-Thursday at work. While this is a pretty good regiment, I’ve notices that the salt buildup that resides in my hair is not good and I notice some breakage. I decided to see what I could find that would cleanse my scalp without having to rewash and set my hair after a workout. I prefer to use all natural products, and have been doing so for the past year, After I left the gym, my sister called and to much of my surprise asked me what products I had been using my my hair because she wanted to buy some. Who knew? Just when you think your hair is a disaster, someone else sees the beauty in you and want to know what you are doing! So I gave her a list of my all natural products, then we somehow ended up meeting at Beauty First, which is in the same parking lot as my gym. My sister still gets the creamy crack in her hair, so she is not as concerned about alcohol free and all natural products as I am. I meet her there and guided her to a few products along with the sales girl. While there, I spotted the Ojon line – a product line that I have used in the pass—while on the creamy crack! They have a shampoo free hair cleanser that you spray in your hair and it is said to cleanse your scalp. Who knew! While on my journey to find some products for my sister, had I found my holy grail? Did the universe lead me exactly to what I was looking for and just pondered on that morning? Without looking at the price tag, I grabbed up the “holy grail” and could not wait to try it! Can you believe I did not even look at the ingredients? Not typical for me at all! I took it home and begin spraying on my hair as instructed on the bottle. I massaged and brushed it through my hair, wrapped my hair for the night with hopes of great success in the morning “comb down”. As I meditated and begin to unwind for the night while lying in my bed, it hit me… Sharron- you did not read the ingredients! What the?! All this hard word to keep chemicals and alcohol out of your hair and you work out for 2 hours, hit the sauna, skip dinner and you get momentarily delirious! (see what it’s so important to eat! It keeps your mind right  ) I got out of bed and realized the ingredients contained alcohol, sulphur etc.. all the things I was trying to rid my hair of. I begin to drift off initially angry with myself, then I realized that this is a process—and drifted off to sleep. Needless to say, the next morning – the “holy grail” was not worthy of such a title, at least for me and my current journey. It left my hair slightly brittle... while easy to manage, it did not provide the results I dreamed of… It could have been psychological- that I didn’t want it to work because it contained alcohol. So 2/16, I was back on my quest again. I decided to surf the net to see what all natural products provide a natural astringent. It hit me then that every morning, I cleanse my face after washing with a quick coat of witch hazel on a cotton swab. Could the same astringent that I used on my face cleanse my scalp? Hummmmm… I’ve heard that a lot of beauticians recommend this to their clients who get weaves to cleanse their scalp of impurities. I may try it.. Next I thought of tea tree oil. Tea Tree Oil (also known as Melaleuca) is a natural antibacterial disinfectant that treats several ailments. Tea Tree oil helps unblock clogged hair follicles, moisturizes hair and keeps the scalp free of bacteria and fungal problems. Could this be it?! Perhaps mixed with water or olive oil, hummmm... it would be my holy grail…. So guess I will try both. The search continues… I’ll keep you posted.


UPDATE: Tea tree oil mixed with water in a water bottle did the trick for me! love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis