Daily Quote

You are what you deepest desire is. As is your desire, so is your intention. As is your intention, so is your will. As is your will, so is your deed. As is your deed, so is your destiny. ~Upanishads text.
What is your deepest desire?

Monday, April 11, 2011

Orange Lipstick Trend and Elizabeth Taylor

Shades of Orange and Tangerine are the "IT" lipstick colors this spring, 2011.  Whether its a high-gloss, satin or matte finish in coral, orange gold, bronzy orange or lip glosses for a fainter look-which are universally flattering, everyone can partake in this trend!  This color is not new to some of our glamorous greats.  One of the greats, Elizabeth Taylor, who we lost recently at the age of 79,  was know for her beautiful and elegant syle.  She was famous for her orange-red lip color.  I'm looking forward to a Sephora haul this week to try out some of the new orange and tangerine lip colors.  I'm hoping for a match made in heaven :).  Has anyone else tried this trend yet?  Any favorites?

Here are some pics in honor of Elizabeth Taylor...

elizabeth taylor death date

elizabeth taylor cleopatra eyes to the 80's we can thank woman such as


P.S.  Dame Elizabeth was not only an excellent actress, but she was also a beauty and fashion icon, a philanthropist and the creator of White Diamonds Perfume which my Mom and Nana love!  RIP Elizabeth Taylor.  The world loves you.. you were one of the greats, your mission and memory lives on.....

2 comments:

  1. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE SHADE OF LIPSTICK THAT ELIZABETH TAYLOR WORE IN "CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know as well! I'll see what I can find! It looks like Dame Elizabeth Taylor wore an orange-red lipstick. Since orange lipstick is #trending right now, I'm sure I can find a few good matches! I just purchased an amazing color by Kat von d from Sephora and will post my review soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis