Hola! Well, I have something GREAT for everyone today! I hope you enjoy this... Here is a new all natural alternative for hair gel... DRUM ROLL PLEASE.. Its flax seed hair gel! Many people are taking their hair products into their own hands now a days, as many hair products contain alcohol and lots of people in general, are just interested in trying new things! Well, here is the latest and greatest of things I've tried for my hair. FLAX SEED HAIR GEL.. Yes, you heard correctly.... Its made from Flaxseeds and a few other simple ingredients. This product is perishable, but can last up to about 2 weeks if kept in the refrigerator. Here is the recipe. Let me know what you think of it and if you like the results on your hair!
Flaxseed Gel Recipe
2 Tbsp Whole Flax Seeds
1 cup water
Pure Aloe Vera Gel, if desired
Few drops of essential oil of your choice for scent
Vitamin E capsule as preservative
Container to house gel
1. Mix one cup of water to flaxseeds and add to a pan.
2. Heat slowly, stirring often to stop seeds from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
3. Continue to stir gently as water comes to a boil.
4. A frothy jelly will form. Be sure to turn the heat down a little when seeds settle in the jelly rather than falling immediately to the bottom of the pan then turn the heat off.
5. Carefully pour the liquid through a strainer over a bowl checking for any seeds that may have passed through.
6. Add Essential oils or preservative. (Preservatives will extend the life of the gel to about 2 weeks. ie. Vitamin E capsule. Mix the gel carefully adding any alcohol or preservatives to increase the shelf life of the gel.)
7. Fill container with gel and add Aloe Vera Gel for additional moisture, if desired.
How did it work for you?
PS. I'm on a quest to find a recipe for a Setting Lotion to set my hair when I do my curly styles! I want to try to make it myself, so we will see. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share. I want something that will not leave my hair sticky, but will yield a nice soft finish that holds curl and eliminates frizz....