Last week, my Dad returned from a road trip to South Carolina and brought back some amazing sweet potatoes from a friend's farm! He literally had a huge brown paper bag full of sweet potatoes! ... you could tell they were straight from the ground.. there was dirt in the bottom of the bag! LOL. I digress...
Anyway, my Dad gave me several sweet potatoes and I've been incorporating them into several of my meals! Last night I opted for HOMEMADE SWEET POTATO FRIES.
There is no rhythm or reason to my recipe, I just know what I like and I prepare it...
Here is what you need (Serves 2):
1-2 sweet potatoes
Directions to prepare seasoning pack:
In a ziplock bag, combine Pink Himalayan Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper, Turmeric, Old Bay Seasoning, Oregano, pinch of Cayenne Pepper and shake until spices are well blended.
1. Clean and wash sweet potatoes thoroughly. Use a vegetable scrubber to remove some of the skin and leave some on.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes in half, then slice into 1/4 pieces, then slice the pieces in half again to create fries.
3. Toss the sliced sweet potatoes in olive oil, just enough to coat. Place evenly on lined sprayed pan.
4. Season fries with season pack.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes, turning once.
Viola!!! These are delicious.... I'll probably make some more tonight and will take better pictures.
J'adore Homemade Sweet Potato Fries